County of Haliburton Website Policy
Approval Granted by: Committee of the Whole (W-306 2006)
Date: September 27, 2006
The purpose of this policy is to outline good and acceptable display of all content contained within the pages on the County of Haliburton web site and that all content meets acceptable standards by establishing rules and procedures for the collection and dissemination of such content as contained within the County of Haliburton URL address www.haliburtoncounty.ca. The County of Haliburton will provide a directory listing of all legitimate businesses, service clubs and organisations operating within the geographical boundaries of the County of Haliburton only and free of charge.
Administration of Policy:
This policy will be implemented and administered through the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer in cooperation with all Department Heads. Each request for a directory listing to be placed on the haliburtoncounty.ca domain shall be reviewed by the Chief Administrative Officer or designate to ensure the information provided meets the standards and criteria for the County of Haliburton web site.
Information on the County of Haliburton website is provided solely for information of the user as a guide to services offered with in the boundaries of Haliburton County and notices which may affect residents and visitors to the area. Every effort has been made to ensure that the content contained within the County of Haliburton website is timely and accurate; however, due to circumstances beyond our control, information may change without notice.
“Web Site” is defined as a set of interconnected pages, usually including a home page, generally located on the same server, and prepared and maintained as a collection of information by a person group or organization.
“Third Party Site” is defined as a site, opening a new browser window, resulting from a link from a directory listing within the County of Haliburton URL. Links of this type are the responsibility of the owner of the site and does not reflect the information, interpretation, comments or opinions of the County of Haliburton.
- The Corporation of the County of Haliburton has made available a website that provides information about the Corporation of the County of Haliburton along with links to the 4 lower tier Municipalities of Algonquin Highlands, Dysart et al, Highlands East and Minden Hills. This County of Haliburton web site will also provide links, free of charge, to other organizations and businesses provided these organizations are physically located and operating within the geographical boundaries of the County of Haliburton. The content of such sites will be submitted to the County and approved for appropriateness and conformity with this policy as well as Internet Standards and Municipal, Federal and Provincial laws that govern internet use.
- Though the Tourism Page is displayed in a different browser the content falls under this policy as the businesses are connected within the haliburtoncounty.ca domain and the page is also held by Copyright © 2005 – Corporation of the County of Haliburton.
- The following elements are prohibited within the County of Haliburton site as well as any link site displayed on third party sites:
- Activities that violate any Municipal, Federal or Provincial Laws.
- Display of material containing nudity or pornographic material.
- Material defaming any person or group.
- Any business that wishes to be listed in the directory and provides a graphical logo, photograph or other artwork, explicitly gives permission to the County to display such an image on the website(s) and it is the responsibility of each such business to ensure authorized use of, and maintain or provide to the County updated artwork should it change.