Plan of Subdivision/Condominium
A Plan of Subdivision/Condominium is required when a land owner or developer wishes to divide a piece of land into two or more parcels and offer one or more for sale.
The County of Haliburton has been delegated the authority from the Province of Ontario to process and approve plans of subdivision and condominium. County Council makes decisions on Applications for Plan of Subdivision/Condominium.
The Planning Department is responsible for this function and will assist prospective developers and affected Townships throughout the entire process. It is suggested that prospective developers meet with the County Planning Department and local Township staff and Council to discuss their proposal and the study requirements associated with the project, prior to submitting their formal application and fee to the County. Developers are responsible for all peer review costs associated with the professional review of studies submitted with any subdivision/condominium application. Peer review fees are not covered by the application fee.
- Application Guide for Plan of Subdivision/Condominium
- Application for Plan of Subdivision/Condominium
- Procedure Manual for Plan of Subdivision/Condominium
- Application Guide for Condominium Exemption
- Application for Condominium Exemption
- Procedure Manual for Condominium Exemption
- Technical Guidelines for Supporting Studies