County of Haliburton Barrier Free Policy Statement
All persons deserve the right to perform the tasks of daily living within their communities while utilizing County and Municipal buildings, properties or events. The County of Haliburton and the Municipalities it includes has therefore created an Accessibility Advisory Committee. This committee shall aid and advise in the development of guidelines to help create a barrier free society enhancing the lives of all within the community. These guidelines shall take into account the diverse needs of all our residents to make our communities safe, convenient and comfortable for all.
The County of Haliburton and the municipalities it encompasses are committed to barrier free access and thus will:
- Take a leadership approach in achieving and setting an example to the business, institutional and volunteer sectors in terms of access and integration, employment equity, communication, recreation, transportation and housing.
- Establish a process to identify and eliminate barriers in existing services and facilities.
- Actively encourage input from all segments of the community in the design, development and operation of new and renovated county/municipal services and facilities.
- Provide resources and support to implement this policy.
In the event that there is a disruption to our services, public notice will be provided advising of the nature of the disruption, services or facilities affected and the expected duration. Where possible alternate arrangements may be made to accommodate persons affected. Depending on the type of disruption, Public notice may be posted in a variety of methods including conspicuous places and on the County website.
If you require County documents in an alternate accessible format please contact us so that we can work with you to provide a format suited to meet your needs.
Your feedback is an important tool that helps us to further improve accessibility to the goods and services that the County of Haliburton offers. Your feedback may be provided by phone, in person, in writing or by email.
Joint Accessibility Committee
- Councillor Liz Danielsen, Algonquin Highlands
- Councillor Cheryl Murdoch, Minden Hills
- Councillor Suzanne Partridge, Highlands East
- Councillor Andrea Roberts, Dysart et al
- Kay Godden, Public Appointee
- Phylis Baker, Public Appointee
- Marilyn Stafford, Public Appointee